I’m excited to feature an indie beauty brand on the blog! I think the products they sell is right up my alley and perfect for the makeup minimalist. Subtl Beauty is a woman-owned beauty brand that sells portable makeup stacks for women on-the-go. Keep reading for a discount code!
There’s something very appealing to me about having everything I need in one “stack,” without having to sift through my makeup bag for individual products.
The Subtl Beauty Stack is described as small, but mighty tower of cream and powder formulas for your complexion, plus:
— 3.5g of formula in each layer
— Lid and makeup applicator
— 3 months of daily usage
Each stack is catered to the individual’s needs. You can choose between building your own stack or for a streamlined experience, you can go with the Starter Stack. All products are cruelty-free and free of gluten, fragrance and parabens.
I would recommend the Starter Stack for anyone that’s new to Subtl Beauty or a makeup beginner. The Starter Stack includes a Shine Control Pressed Powder, a Pressed Mineral Highlighter in the shade Champagne, a Mineral Bronzer, a creamy Lip and Cheek pigment in Mauve, and a Creamy Concealer in your chosen shade (I have fair skin with cool undertones so I use Brookline). Photos of each product below.
Here’s what I love about my stack and this brand:
- There are a lot of brands that tout their products as ‘portable’ but this indie brand actually lives up to the expectation. My stack comfortably fits in the palm of my hand, can easily fit in any purse, and the lids stay on tight so no risk of a makeup mess.
- My stack included a small powder puff, making it convenient and easy to set my concealer. The brand also sent me a multi-use adjustable brush so you can choose the level of density, whether you’re applying a creamy blush or an all-over face bronzer.
- The concealer does a good job covering up any redness and brightening my under eye. I would equate it to Glossier Stretch Concealer. The coverage is buildable but dewy in finish.
- The Lip and Cheek formula is my favorite pan in the stack. Mauve is my usual go-to. It has a dewy finish and it also doubles as a lip tint if you like a monochromatic makeup look.
- I definitely prefer the new cream highlighter duo to the powder but it’s great if you have oily skin or want the most natural looking highlight. It also works well as an eyeshadow.
- You have enough products for an everyday makeup look to last you at least three months or possibly longer. This method makes life easy and sustainable. It’s truly ideal for the makeup minimalist or someone who prefers to do makeup touch-ups throughout the day.
- If you like wearing a full face of makeup, the stack ticks almost every box; so all you need is a tube of mascara and possibly a brow pencil or pomade to complete your look.
Over the last year Subtl has expanded their collection and launched new products including: seven eyeshadow duos, a cream highlighter duo, a lip balm, six shades of bronzer, and a variety of tools and brushes to go with your stack. The brand is incredibly generous and has gifted me most of their new launches so my stack keeps growing!
The Starter Stack is available to shop here for $60 and you also get a free multi-use Stack Brush free with your order. Or, you can customize your own stack for $12-$14 per product. Subtl Beauty also wanted to offer a discount for blog readers! Get 10% off any purchase with code KARA10
This post is not sponsored. Subtl Beauty gifted me with the Starter Stack and makeup brush for editorial consideration. As always, all opinions are my own.
THIS POST ON THE SUBTL BEAUTY PORTABLE MAKEUP STACK WAS ORIGINALLY PUBLISHED IN FEBRUARY 2021 AND UPDATED AS OF FEBRUARY 2022.
If you enjoyed this post, you may also like: