I’m excited to feature an indie beauty brand on the blog! I think the products they sell is right up my alley and perfect for the makeup minimalist. Subtl Beauty is a newish brand that sells a portable makeup stack for women on-the-go.
Despite the global pandemic, there’s something very appealing to me about having everything I need in one “stack,” without having to sift through my makeup bag for individual products. Hopefully when this pandemic is behind us, I’ll have more reasons to take my stack with me for those necessary touch-ups.
The Subtl Beauty Stack is described as small, but mighty tower of cream and powder formulas for your complexion, plus:
— 3.5g of formula in each layer
— Lid and makeup applicator
— 3 months of daily usage
Each stack is catered to the individual’s needs. You can choose between building your own stack or for a streamlined experience, you can go with the Starter Stack. All products are cruelty-free and free of gluten, fragrance and parabens.
I decided to go with the Starter Stack, which includes a Shine Control Pressed Powder, a Pressed Mineral Highlighter in the shade Champagne, a Cool Toned Mineral Bronzer, a creamy Lip and Cheek in Dusty Rose, and a Creamy Concealer in your chosen shade (I have fair skin with cool undertones so I went with Brookline). Photos of each product below.
Here’s what I love about my stack and this brand:
- There are a lot of brands that tout their products as ‘portable’ but this indie brand actually lives up to the expectation. My stack comfortably fits in the palm of my hand, can easily fit in any purse, and the lids stay on tight so no risk of a makeup mess.
- My stack included a small powder puff, making it convenient and easy to set my concealer. The brand also sent me a multi-use adjustable brush so you can choose the level of density, whether you’re applying a creamy blush or an all-over face bronzer.
- The concealer does a good job covering up any redness and brightening my under eye.
- The Dusty Rose Lip and Cheek shade was much more flattering on my fair skin than I expected, although I really want to add Perfectly Pink or Plum to my stack.
- I prefer using a creamy highlighter for a more dewy complexion; however, I found that this highlighter works great as an eyeshadow.
- You have enough products for an everyday makeup look to last you at least three months or possibly longer. This method is the complete opposite of wasteful and truly ideal for the makeup minimalist or someone who prefers to do makeup touch-ups throughout the day.
With the exception of the Cream Concealer, the shade range is limiting. There are two options for bronzers, two highlighter shades and one universal powder shade. The Cool Contour shade was still a few shades too deep for my very fair skin so I had to apply with a very light hand. I know the brand is relatively new so hopefully they expand their shade range over time.
The Starter Stack is available to shop here for $60 (save 10%) and you also get a free multi-use Stack Brush free with your order. Or, you can customize your own stack for $12-$14 per product.
This post is not sponsored. Subtl Beauty gifted me with the Starter Stack and makeup brush for editorial consideration. As always, all opinions are my own.
If you enjoyed this post, you may also like: