Another day, another Glossier product! Glossier recently launched Bubblewrap eye and lip cream, the newest addition to the skincare family. According to the brand, eye cream was the most requested product from Glossier. I was very eager to try this and share my thoughts with you all; I hauled this along with a couple makeup restocks.
Before I share my thoughts, here’s a quick breakdown of the formula behind this eye and lip cream.
Glossier made this a two-in-one product that delivers hydration to both eyes and lips. It contains nine active complexes, including:
- A combo of two forms of Hyaluronic Acid to boost hydration and plump skin
- Avocado Oil and Squalane to supply moisture
- Peptide Complex to promote softness
- Portulaca Pilosa Extract, which apparently works to increase skin’s ability to hold water
- Blueberry Fruit Extract, rich in antioxidants
- Swertia Chirata Extract, a medicinal herb to increase skin’s smoothness
- Vegetable Protein, another skin smoother
This cream was a lot thicker than I was expecting, but I like it! Under my eyes it feels extremely hydrating. It has a smooth and silky texture and absorbs into skin quickly. Under makeup it provides a smooth base and adds just the right amount of moisture and glow.
On my lips, I instantly noticed a difference (absolutely no cracks or lines on my lips). Usually I apply Vaseline on my lips before bed but I’m going to swap out my usual for this cream to see how it fares over the next few days. In the morning, I’ve been applying this to my lips while I do my everyday makeup routine. By the time I’m ready to apply lipstick or gloss (right now I’m really loving Vinylic Lip in the shade Pony), my lips look ultra smooth and healthy. As for the “plumping” effect… I would say it’s not that noticeable. I have a naturally plump lower lip but alternatively, a very thin upper lip. I was hoping this cream would give it some lift but I didn’t notice a different. Either way, I still enjoy using this in the AM and PM.