On average, I sample 10-15 products a week. Sometimes 20 if it’s a busy month. Now, I’m no mathematician, but that adds up anywhere from 520-1,040 products a year. That discovery explains why my stash keeps growing. And why I have no money in my bank account. But this post is not about my spending habits, it’s about my top beauty finds of 2013. See which makeup, hair and skincare products made the cut!
1. I still spritz myself with Estee Lauder Modern Muse. This girly fragrance is perfect for any occasion, day or night.
2. Earlier this year I sampled a bevy of BB and CC creams and Dr. Jart+ Water Fuse Beauty Balm SPF 25 is still my go-to complexion perfecter. I highly recommend if you have combination to dry skin.
3. To this day, I’m still using Stila Cosmetics “All You Need is Love” Valentine’s Day Cheek Palette. It was limited edition (but it’s on sale now on their site!) so I’m hoping they make a similar version of this in 2014.
4. The Body Shop Brazil Nut Body Scrub smells so good and I can not get enough of it. I just ordered the body oil version of it.
5. I was constantly on-the-go this year so finding an easy-to-use eyeshadow palette was a top priority. Earlier this year I splurged on this Smashbox Photo Op Eyeshadow Trio in Sepia. This has become my go-to everyday eye look.
6. I bought this Bumble and Bumble Thickening Dryspun Finish spray on a whim but I haven’t looked back since. This formula instantly lifts my roots and gives my hair some extra grit when I’m styling it. I also use it as a dry shampoo spray.
7. My smooth and even complexion wouldn’t be possible if it wasn’t for my Real Techniques Stippling Brush. The affordable price point also makes it an easy must-have for everyone.
8. Fresh Soy Face Cleanser has always been gentle on my skin and removes any and all makeup with its rich soy proteins. And it smells divine!
9. Alchimie Forever’s Gentle Refining Scrub is another skincare favorite. I discovered it during my first Alchimie Forever facial earlier this year and stuck it with ever since. It’s my twice-weekly ritual that results in smooth, glowing skin.
10. No more hand burns and awkward crimpy hair thanks to my Jose Eber Clipless Curling Iron. Hello, sexy tousled waves.
What were your best beauty discoveries in 2013?
I just picked up the Brazil Nut body butter in Ulta yesterday and it smelled soooo good. I want everything they have in that scent!