How beautiful is this romantic messy top knot? I rarely follow red carpet beauty during awards season but I spent my Saturday evening watching The SAG Awards and this particular red carpet hairstyle caught my eye. I’ll be the first to admit, I’m not a big fan of updos—I mean I did wear my hair down on my wedding day. And I’m not a fan of posting celebrity beauty looks on the blog, but I love the carefree, undone look. And I’m posting this because it’s versatile and can be worn for just about any occasion—whether it’s part of your casual Friday work ensemble or date night.
Celebrity hairstylist Adir Abergel created Saoirse Ronan’s top knot and here’s how you can get the romantic messy top knot at home:
- Apply John Frieda Luxurious Volume Perfectly Full Mousse all over the roots through mid-shaft on towel dried hair.
- Blow dry hair using a large round brush to create soft voluminous blowout.
- Use a 1.25” curling iron on large sections of hair to create random waves and texture.
- Next, take a comb and tease the roots of the hair and pull it loosely into a top ponytail leaving some height around the front.
- Back comb the ponytail prior to wrapping it around in a big deconstructed bun and pinning it in place.
- Spritz John Frieda Luxurious Volume Forever Full Hairspray to keep hair in place.
- Leave some pieces around the hairline for a whimsical and romantic effect.
Did you watch the SAG Awards? Let me know your favorite red carpet beauty look in the comments section!
Photo: Getty Images