The London 2012 Olympics are in full swing and what better way to pay homage to the summer games on PoP than to feature my friend, sorority sister (she’s an honorary Phi Mu!), and lifestyle expert, Hilary Phelps.
Making guest appearances on E! News and The Today Show, not to mention cheering on the sidelines for her brother and USA athletes, I had to know how Hilary manages to look flawless both on-air and off, all while keeping her busy itinerary in tow. Here, Hilary opens up her beauty bag and shares eight of her most-prized beauty possessions.
1. Alchimie Forever calming evening cream: “It smells clean and has a great texture that moisturizes my skin, whether I’m at home or traveling. I always carry it on the flight with me (instead of packing it in my bag) and reapply during the flight.”
2. Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer in Bisque: “I don’t like wearing heavy make-up, but when I need a little bit of coverage, this is my go-to product. Right or wrong, I put it on the same way I would a face cream, with an upward motion to prevent pulling down on my facial skin.”
3. Laura Mercier Eye Brow Pencil in Blonde: “A make-up artist showed me this product and I love it! Since the eyebrows frame the face, giving them a little color makes them stand out.Trace the eyebrows in an upward stroke to the arch and then draw downward until the end of the brow.”
4. Tweezerman Eyelash curler: “Mine is gold, so it’s very chic! If stranded on a dessert island, I would take this with me. I have long eyelashes, so most days this is all that I use on my lashes.”
5. Lancome Hypnose Drama in Excessive Black: “On the nights when I do wear mascara, this is the one. Every time I use it, my Mom asks me if I’m wearing fake eyelashes. It’s seriously that good!”
6. Le Metier de Beaute liquid eyeliner in Noir: “I like the sleek look of a liquid eyeliner, but had trouble with the application and it always looked sloppy. Then I found Le Metier. It’s easy to apply, looks great and stays in place.”
7. Chantecaille Rice and Geranium Foaming Cleanser: “It smells great and has a gentle exfoliation that keeps my skin soft.”
8. Rohto hydra eye drops: “These are great for early mornings or jet-lagged, tired eyes. They sting for a moment, but really make the whites of my eyes pop, which is great for photos, TV segments or meetings to help me look awake when I’m not feeling awake.”
Hilary Phelps (@HilaryPhelps) is creator and curator of the lifestyle website, Genuine Joy.