I don’t think I’ve ever been more loyal to a particular brand. Not just because I’m a rep—but because I’ve been a fan of Glossier since its inception with the Phase 1 set (the OG set—you know, the face mist, the priming moisturizer and the balm dotcom).
In celebration of a brand I love, I gathered up all the skincare and makeup products in my arsenal and got to work ranking each one. Packaging was taken into consideration with a bevy of other factors; effectiveness, frequency of use and first impressions were all fair game. I’ve broken them out by category: skincare, makeup and body/fragrance because you can’t compare Boy Brow to the likes of a mask (and let’s be real, Boy Brow is so much better).
If you decide to purchase anything from the brand and you’re a first time customer, you can shop through my link here to get 10% off and free shipping on order $30+. Full disclosure: I make a small commission when you shop through my link. Thank you for supporting this side hustle of mine!
This is my official ranking, from least to most favored:
17. Soothing Face Mist: This was in the original Phase 1 set when Glossier first debuted. I think I tried this once and it made my skin turn red. I think the rose scent is irritating for my complexion.
16. Mega Greens Galaxy Pack: I really wanted to love this but I couldn’t keep this on for even 10 minutes without my skin feeling uncomfortably warm.
15. Zit Stick: My breakouts are typical hormonal but in the few times I’ve used this, I’ve noticed how much quicker my pimple goes away. It’s a powerful formula but I hate the rollerball applicator. It’s very unsanitary.
14. Moisturizing Moon Mask: I’ve tested a bevy of moisturizing masks and this one is nice but doesn’t leave me thinking, I can’t live without it.
13. Milky Oil: Compared to Milky Jelly, this is a much more effective makeup remover. However, it’s really easy for me to go through this tiny bottle if I use it every day. And for $12, it’s overpriced in my opinion.
12. Super Pure: Comes in handy when I have a pesky little pimple but I notice if I use this too often my skin dries out.
11. Priming Moisturizer Rich: I used to use this every night before bed but after I restocked, I noticed some breakouts. It’s a scented moisturizer so I’m not a big fan of it right now.
10. Invisible Shield: For someone who hates wearing sunscreen, this is a nice lightweight alternative. If I’m wearing Skin Tint, I’ll apply this first but I usually prefer my Supergoop Unseen Sunscreen. This bottle is also overpriced for the amount you get.
9. Solution: I like to use a chemical exfoliator every three days and this is my go-to. If I use it any more than that, I notice my skin dries out.
8. Super Glow: I like the new formulation of this serum. I only apply this in the morning before I moisturize. I wouldn’t say just yet that it gives me a glow like FutureDew but I do like the milky texture.
7. Priming Moisturizer Balance: This is a nice lightweight, fragrance-free moisturizer. The lighter version of the classic PM. I’ve been using this regularly during the summer months but it’s definitely a seasonal moisturizer for combo and dry skin types. This is ideal for oily skin types.
6. Bubblewrap Eye + Lip Plumping Cream: I only use this as an eye cream so I apply this in the AM and PM and it’s by far one of the most lightweight eye creams I’ve ever used.
5. Super Bounce: My favorite Super. Keeps my skin hydrated. I’m so glad they reformulated and packaged this in a bigger bottle.
4. FutureDew: I have incorporated this into my daily skincare routine and I can’t get enough! It’s essential to my nighttime skin routine – I apply it after my moisturizer and every single morning I wake up to smooth, hydrated skin. Definitely a game changer for my skin texture because it has improved so much.
3. Milky Jelly Cleanser: This has become my holy grail daily cleanser. It’s one of my most used Glossier products and I typically find myself restocking every 3 or 4 months.
2. Priming Moisturizer: Having a smooth base prior to applying makeup is a must. I love the texture and weight of this non-scented buildable cream. Paired with the Skin Tint, my face looks dewy and feels smooth all day long.
1. Balm Dotcom: A ranking within a ranking: Rose is my favorite scent to wear in the fall/winter and Coconut is my go-to during the warmer months. Birthday is a Balm Dotcom for all seasons. Also, mint has grown on me quite a bit. It has a nice tingling sensation!
17. Glitter Gelee: This falls to the bottom of my list simply based on my lifestyle. I just don’t have a reason to wear glitter (but I’m not a big fan of wearing it anyways). This product was discontinued!
16. Brow Flick: Considering Boy Brow is one of my favorite products ever, I had high hopes for this. I’m not good at filling in my brows so that’s why its further down my list of favorites.
15. Generation G Lipstick: “Popsicle” stained lips in theory sounds nice but not typically a fan of a sheer matte formula. That said, I do like a couple shades: “Like” (cool pink) is a favorite and “zip” is great if you want a toned-down daytime red.
14. Niteshine: I really like Haloscope so I was a little confused when they launched another version of highlighter. That said, I think I love this one less than Haloscope. This one is definitely more noticeable. I own the shade Pale Pearl and Platinum Rose; however, this clogs my pores so I don’t reach for this very often.
13. Skywash: A liquid-to-powder eyeshadow marketed as sheer, matte lid tint should be effortless to apply and gorgeous on the lids. I love the look and intent behind this product but some colors are more patchy than others. Application can also be tricky but I find a fluffy blending brush helps. I prefer Lidstar over Skywash.
12. Wowder: Never dry, never cakey. And it matches my skin tone. I don’t use this as often as I used to but it does come in handy when I set my concealer.
11. Vinylic Lip: I love the shades Pony and Blow-Up. Both are great “every day” makeup lip colors. It isn’t sticky and I love that I can apply for a sheer wash of color or build it up for a more bold look. The reason for the low ranking though is because I prefer clear or neutral lip colors.
10. Lip Gloss: Kept in my handbag at all times. I like to apply on the center of my lips for a glass-like finish.
9. Perfecting Skin Tint: On days when I don’t feel like wearing foundation or tinted moisturizer, this is my go to. It evens out my skin tone for a smooth, dewy finish. That said, don’t expect any coverage from this product.
8. Pro Tip: I fell in love with wearing liquid eyeliner thanks to this product. The formula glides on smooth, dries quickly and you can’t possibly screw it up.
7. Lidstar: I didn’t have high hopes for this liquid eyeshadow but I’ve been wearing often and I receive so many compliments (which is shocking because it’s almost too easy to apply). I’m really terrible at doing eye makeup so this is an easy shortcut. The shades are intended for a sheer, glowy wash of color. These also mix well together. I like to mix Cub + Herb for a pretty bronzy look. Lily also compliments by hazel eyes.
6. Colorslide: I love the color range in this collection. As long as you sharpen the pencil before each use (it only works well with its counterpart tool, the blade), the liner glides on smooth and lasts all day. Stable Relationship (a moss green) and Pretty Penny (a copper) are my favorite colors.
5. Lash Slick: This is the best lengthening mascara I’ve used in a long time and it’s perfected for everyday! I also like volume so while I do use this frequently to lengthen and separate lashes, I usually cocktail this with another drugstore tube if I want a more dramatic look. Together, they are perfection.
4. Stretch Concealer: I use this almost every day and in terms of coverage, this has a sheer and dewy finish. I like using it for convenience and low-maintenance application. But I wouldn’t recommend it if you’re looking for something with more coverage.
3. Haloscope: I’m a highlighter junkie (see proof here) and I’m nearing the end of this tube. Mind you, I rarely have makeup empties because I rotate so many products into my routine but this is a first for highlighter. Moonstone is my absolute favorite shade, which gives me an opalescent glow but I also love using Topaz as a bronzer for a sun-kissed look in the summer.
2. Cloud Paint: These blend so well. I have all six shades and use three of them on a regular basis. Puff is my everyday favorite and sometimes I mix it with Beam (for a peachy pink look) or Dusk (for a more toned down neutral). Storm has also grown on me. There are numerous ways to customize your color just by mixing two or three of them.
1. Boy Brow: Filling in my brows has never been my forte. I’ve had bangs for half of my life and since I’ve grown them out I’ve had to give my brows some extra TLC. Boy Brow is great in my opinion because I can fill, tint and groom my brows into place in fell swoop. I never step outside without a swipe or two of Boy Brow.
Fragrance & Body
4. Hand Cream: The scent of this hand cream is beyond amazing; however, it does have a slight plastic smell (I think from the packaging). And personally, I find the packaging to be bulky, not very sleek. I don’t regret purchasing and I will be using the hand cream because my hands are so dry from the necessary hand washing!
3. Body HeroDaily Oil Wash: I LOVE this body wash. It smells so good and my arms and legs feel super smooth when I step out of the shower. This just kicked my little drugstore coconut body wash goodbye. The only downside is that it’s oil-based and I avoid using this in the summer when I’m using faux tanner.
2. Glossier You Perfume: This has become my signature scent for work and weekend. It’s light and airy and it smells like, well, me.
1. Body Hero Perfecting Cream: The scent smells AMAZING. Like, addictive. That said, it’s probably the most expensive bath & body care I’ve splurged on but I use every last drop.
You can shop all of these products through my link here. If you’re a first time customer you can get 10% off your first purchase through my link and get free shipping on orders of $30+. If you have any questions about the products I’ve mentioned, you know where to find me!
I’d love to know how my ranking matches up to yours. Are you a Glossier fan?