I ranked every shade of Cloud Paint, Lidstar, Skywash and Balm Dotcom.
Glossier really truly is one of my favorite brands if you can’t already tell. I’ve written numerous posts—from ranking my favorite skincare and makeup products from the line to product reviews to videos sharing a full face of Glossier.
I thought I would expand on my product ranking post by diving a little deeper into ranking my favorite Glossier makeup shades! Specifically, Cloud Paint, Lidstar, Balm Dotcom, and Skywash. All of these Glossier makeup products are favorites of mine!
Cream-based blush has always been hit or miss for me, but Cloud Paint is the best cream blush I own. Because I’ve been dealing with a more oily complexion, I haven’t been using Cloud Paint as often as I like to but I still love this blush and could never give it up entirely.
There are 6 shades of seamless cheek color and I’m ranking them simply based on least to most worn.
6. Dawn (sunny coral): This color just doesn’t complement my fair complexion. I think I’ve swatched this a few times but that’s about it.
5. Haze (deep berry): Gorgeous shade and mixed with Puff, it’s a beautiful flush that I can wear at night.
4. Beam (soft peach): I like wearing this during the warmer months and that’s about it.
3. Storm(warm rose): It’s a beautiful shade but I usually need to mix this with another shade to pull it off.
2. Dusk (brownish nude): I have a couple uses for this shade. First, I like to use it to contour my cheeks and forehead. I also like to mix it with Puff for a more muted cheek color.
1. Puff (light, cool pink): I don’t think this comes as a surprise. Prior to the change in my complexion, I was using this every single day. It’s a staple in my makeup bag and I can mix this with some of the other shades when I want a darker flush. It’s also the only restock I’ve made to date with Cloud Paint. I can’t live without this blush!
I don’t really like to wear lipstick—it’s a lot of work in my opinion. Unless it’s a special occasion, I usually opt for lip gloss or lip balm. As you all know, I love Glossier Balm Dotcom. The cult favorite skin salve as expanded into multiple tints and scents and for that I am so grateful.
8. Cherry: Out of all the scents/tints, this one is my least favorite. The scent reminds me of cold medicine and for that reason, I can’t unsmell it.
7. Mango: This is a favorite scent of mine but the coral tint isn’t necessarily my go-to. Sadly, it’s also the first BDC to separate on me.
6. Original: I feel like the OG Balm Dotcom is the perfect, go-with-anything skin salve. I typically keep this one on my nightstand or take it with me when I travel.
5. Mint: This has a refreshing scent and I definitely get a cooling sensation when I wear this. This scent has grown on me!
4. Berry: I didn’t think I would love this as much as I do right now. Granted, it’s perfect for the fall season. It has a sheer berry tint and it smells like jam. This is definitely the messiest of the bunch though.
3. Birthday: A balm for all seasons. It smells exactly as it sounds—like birthday cake. The shimmer is very subtle so I don’t feel weird wearing this during the day.
2. Coconut: I love to wear this during the summer months because it smells so good and it’s untinted.
1. Rose: My favorite balm. This is a barely-there pink tint that I could wear every single day. Rose has always been a soothing scent for me.
Gen G is a sheer matte lipstick so you can pull off a blotted lip look. Personally, I don’t love Gen G the way I love their lip gloss and Balm Dotcom. Sadly, I haven’t tried the shade Leo, so with that, I can only rank the shades I’ve tried.
5. Jam (deep berry): This like the matte, lipstick version of Balm Dotcom berry but I very rarely reach for this outside of the fall season.
4. Zip (poppy red): I do like having this in my collection but I very rarely wear a red lip. I do like that it’s a toned down version so it does work for every day wear (work or weekend).
3. Crush (raspberry pink): When I’m in the mood for a pop of color, this is a decent option.
2. Like (cool pink): The cool pink alternative to Cake. This is my 2nd favorite because it’s very sheer and looks good with any outfit.
1. Cake (subtle peach): This is a beautiful light peach shade that looks flattering on my skin tone. Definitely an everyday favorite.
Honestly, I love every shade of Lidstar. I usually have a hard time applying cream-based eyeshadows (especially because I always deal with oily lids) but these are so easy to use and paired with the right primer, these really do last all day. My only advice if you decide to purchase would be to get at least two shades so you can mix them or wear together!
6. Moon (sheer, opalescent glimmer): I use this often to highlight the inner corner of my eyes; however, this is by far the most patchy in application.
5. Fawn (cool, smoky taupe): The perfect shadow if you want to create a smoky eye with very little effort. I like to blend this around my outer-V and lower lash line.
4. Slip (baby pink): If I want just a sheer wash of color, then I usually opt for this shade. It also works well as an inner corner highlight too.
3. Lily (sheer lilac): I really underestimated this shade but I don’t find myself using this very often. That said, it’s like unicorn eyeshadow in terms of color—the blue and violet pearls are absolutely stunning.
2. Herb (smoky green): OK—obsessed is an understatement with this shade. Right now I love to mix it with Cub (my absolute favorite shade) for a beautiful smoky bronze shade. I also love to apply it like winged liner for a day look (subtle but beautiful) because it really makes my hazel eyes pop!
1. Cub (rose gold shimmer): This is one of those shades that I can wear alone for a wash of color or mix with Herb/Slip/Moon. I think this shade is the most versatile and I highly recommend.
As I mentioned earlier, you definitely want to scoop up two Lidstars. My favorite combos include: Cub + Herb (my favorite), Cub + Slip, Lily + Fawn, Moon + Cub.
Skywash is a sheer, matte lid tint. It’s a liquid-to-powder formula that also promises 12-hour wear. Personally, I still prefer Lidstar over Skywash even though I have oily lids. There are a few shades that I absolutely love from this collection; however, it’s dependent on your skin tone and eye color.
7. Lawn (a fresh green): Green is my favorite color but sadly I’m not a fan of the color or the name of the shade. “Hi, I’m wearing Skywash in Lawn.” Uh, what?
6. Pebble (neutral taupe): I had high hopes for this shade but even though I am super pale, this barely shows on my skin. I can’t imagine how invisible it looks for deeper skin tones.
5. Terra (burnt sienna): It looks gorgeous on darker skin tones but I think it’s a bit too warm for my undertone.
4. Valley (warm peach): A very pretty peach color. I haven’t worn this as often as the other shades I like so that’s why it’s lower on my list.
3. Echo (cocoa brown): I didn’t think this would be flattering for my skin tone but a sheer layer of this actually looks really nice.
2. Pool (cornflower blue): This is my favorite shade in terms of color; however, it is patchy. I find that if you apply more product up front, it’s easier to blend without looking patchy (as opposed to layering).
1. Palm (golden beige): This is an easy, flattering shade for my hazel eyes I could wear every day. I also think this is the easiest to blend with a finger out of the bunch.
I hope you found this Glossier makeup shade ranking helpful! If you’re looking for more Glossier product recommendations (or products to avoid), check out my full product ranking here. If you’re a first time Glossier customer, shop with me using this link (I make a small commission) and you’ll receive 10% off plus free shipping on orders $30+.