Don’t get me wrong—I love black eyeliner. It’s a makeup bag staple. But lately I’m obsessing over candy colored eyeliner. Sometimes, an obsession doesn’t always mean it’s good for you, but I promise, colored liner is good for EVERYONE. Whether you’re wearing aqua or pale yellow, colored eyeliner is such an easy way to brighten up your spring makeup look.
1. Stroke colored liner on the inner corner of eyes, winging it up and out. Pastel hues like Stila Cosmetics Stay All Day Liners in Periwinkle and Turquoise are perfect for barely there pops of color for work or weekend.
2. Apply a thin line across the top of the crease like this. Keep the rest of your makeup very minimum (no liner, just mascara) and it will look uber natural.
3. Layer on top of black eyeliner for a more intense look.
4. Color the entire lid. It sounds extreme, but I swear can really make eyes pop if you’re outfit leans on the conservative or simple side.
5. Trace upper and lower lash lines in bold hues like purple or emerald. The eyeliner pencil for this look should really complement your eye color.
6. Wing it out. Start at the outer corner and sweep light, feather like strokes across to the inner corner of eyes (like a lightening bolt).